Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

So here we are, three months post Christmas and I never posted how my projects turned out... Well, the marshmallows and hot chocolate were phanominal and a huge hit with everyone.  I made the quillow for my husbands boss and they were very touched that someone took the time to actually make them a gift and loved it (SCORE!)

Recently I've been looking into working with oil cloth and getting all my tips and tricks ready for the big day when I jump on the machine and start sewing up mine and my little girls matching rain slickers.  I thought I would take the time to post some tricks regarding working with oil cloth as it can be tricky since the one side is laminated and will stick to your presser foot. So, here they are:
  1. Put a piece of tissue paper on the right side (laminated) of the fabric and it will allow the presser foot to glide
  2. Use a longer stitch to avoid to many holes
  3.  Use a size 16 heavy weight needle (used for Denim)

No comments:

Post a Comment